Everyone loves a soothing massage especially after a long day of being on your feet! Here are 5 simple techniques you can do to relieve the tension in her feet and provide that relaxation you desperate need by the end of the day!
- Hold your toes with one hand and the ankle with the other. Then, you need to slowly rotate the foot, first in one direction, then in the other. Do this for at least 1 minute each direction for a total of 2 minutes, daily.
2. Place one hand in a fist position and with your knuckles located underneath the medial arch of your feet. Slowly with your knuckles pressing into the arch, moving back and forward. To do this for 2 minutes back and forth, daily.
3. Hold the foot on both sides with both hands. Then, you need to turn it to one side and then to the other side several times. Ideally, you want to do this everyday for at least 2 minutes.
4. Pull each toe – one by one. You can perform this twice going from big toe to littlest toe and returning back from the 5th toe to the 1st toe.
5. Pull all the toes at once, holding one hand on the big toe and the other on the other four toes. This is to stretch the underlying ligaments and tendons underneath your forefoot and midfoot. You can perform this twice again from 1st-5th toe to 5th-1st.
Reference: Ulta Beauty Tips, Massaging Your Feet Before Bed Is Very Important for Your Health! Here’s Why…
Written by Lydia Kim.
Call us at 6293 2024
Book An Appointment – click the link below: https://brindabellapodiatry.com.au/online-podiatry-appointment-booking/