Dear Valued Clients,
As many of you are aware there are confirmed cases of community spread COVID-19 within Australia. We wanted to take this opportunity to update you all on our clinic procedures that have been implemented in relation to the virus in our attempt to protect you and the community. Just as we have asked our own staff, we also request that if you are experiencing any cold/flu like symptoms that you do not attend our clinic. Please let our admin staff know as soon as possible so that we can cancel/reschedule your booking.
Please also note that if you have recently returned from any overseas travel, we ask that you wait 2 WEEKS before you return to the clinic. Furthermore, in the event you, or someone you have had contact with is diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have visited our clinic within the past 14 days, we ask that you alert us so that we can take appropriate measures within our community.
For those who are able to attend, here are 10 steps recommended by the Department of Health to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
1. Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 sec. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
2. Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
4. Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication, ensure that you have adequate supplies.
5. Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
6. Continue healthy habits, exercise, drink water and get plenty of sleep.
7. You don’t need to wear a face mask if you are well.
8. Buy an alcohol based sanitiser with over 60% alcohol.
9. Get the flu shot (available April).
10. Please avoid shaking hands.
Whilst we have a well implemented hygiene policy year round, in light of recent public health concerns, we have taken extra measures at Brindabella Podiatry/Canberra Ingrown Toenail Clinic. Hand sanitisers are available to reception (Chlorhexidine). Extra cleaning by staff is also taking place to ensure that high contact areas (door knobs, benches etc) are disinfected frequently throughout the day.
It is important to keep up to date with COVID-19 and that we source our information from factual and reputable sources. The best way to do this is via the Department of Health website and their daily HEALTH ALERTS https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronovirus-2019-ncov-health-alerts
Your help in keeping everyone safe and healthy is appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please chat with one of our staff 62932024.
Kind Regards- Nicole, Director