Dear Valued Patients,
As you know, we are in a 9 week Lockdown from Thursday 12th August until Friday 15th October. PODIATRY is considered an Essential Service so we are allowed to stay open, HOWEVER, if you do not feel comfortable attending your appointment then we ask that you cancel or reschedule your appointment. You can do so by email email@example.com or calling us on 62932024. Those with online booking access, you can cancel/reschedule your appointment online.
All of our podiatrists are fully vaccinated and we will be taking your health seriously with thorough cleans of the doors, chairs and treatment rooms throughout the day.
Just as we have asked our own staff, we also request that if you are experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms that you do not attend our clinic and head to a testing centre. In addition, if you have been to any of the exposure sites on the governments growing list here, https://www.covid19.act.gov.
For those who are able to attend, here are 10 steps recommended by the Department of Health to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
1. Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 sec. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
2. Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
4. Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication, ensure that you have adequate supplies.
5. Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
6. Continue healthy habits, exercise, drink water and get plenty of sleep.
7. WEAR A MASK TO YOUR APPOINTMENT (unless you have been advised not to).
8. Buy an alcohol-based sanitiser with over 60% alcohol.
9. Book your Covid Shot.
10. Please avoid shaking hands.
Whilst we have a well-implemented hygiene policy year-round, in light of recent public health concerns, we have taken extra measures at Brindabella Podiatry/Canberra Ingrown Toenail Clinic. Hand sanitiser is available at reception. Extra cleaning by staff is also taking place to ensure that high contact areas (doorknobs, benches etc) are disinfected frequently throughout the day.
It is important to keep up to date with COVID-19 and that we source our information from factual and reputable sources. The best way to do this is via the Department of Health website https://www.covid19.act.gov.
Your help in keeping everyone safe and healthy is appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please chat with one of our staff 62932024.
Kind Regards- Nicole, Director