Dear Valued Patients,
All of our Podiatrists and Admin staff are fully vaccinated and we will be taking your health seriously with thorough cleans of the doors, chairs and treatment rooms throughout the day. We ask that you check in with the QR code on arrival and we request that loved ones do not wait in the waiting room as we can only have 4 people in that space.
Just as we have asked our own staff, we also request that if you are experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms that you do not attend our clinic and head to a testing centre.
For those who are able to attend, here are 10 steps recommended by the Department of Health to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
1. Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 sec. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
2. Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
4. Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication, ensure that you have adequate supplies.
5. Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
6. Continue healthy habits, exercise, drink water and get plenty of sleep.
7. While you do not have to wear a mask to your appointment, it is recommended by ACT Health (unless you have been advised not to).
8. Buy an alcohol-based sanitiser with over 60% alcohol.
9. Book your Covid Shot (and Booster!)
10. Please avoid shaking hands.
Whilst we have a well-implemented hygiene policy year-round, in light of recent public health concerns, we have taken extra measures at Brindabella Podiatry/Canberra Ingrown Toenail Clinic. Hand sanitiser is available at reception. Extra cleaning by staff is also taking place to ensure that high contact areas (doorknobs, benches etc) are disinfected frequently throughout the day.
It is important to keep up to date with COVID-19 and that we source our information from factual and reputable sources. The best way to do this is via the Department of Health website https://www.covid19.act.gov.
Your help in keeping everyone safe and healthy is appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please chat with one of our staff 62932024.
Kind Regards- Nicole, Director